What you’ll get
Duration : 3 days 2 nights
Departure : Ho Chi Minh City
Suitable : Family, Friends, All of people
Type : Cruise tour
Product Code : T30DRE51
A special tour is offered for anyone who want to experience both water landscape along Mekong river and beauty of Phu Quoc island within 3 days. Join our trip, you will have chance to watch the fantastic scenery and the daily life of the Mekong people, explore Cai Be or Cai Rang floating market, the region’s busiest and most lively markets, and visit the pearl island. Let's join us for an enjoyable memory!
- Extend full day on visiting and trying tropical fruit orchards in the countryside
- Visit most of bustling local floating markets such as Cai Rang, Cai Be Market
- Cruise along Mekong river and enjoy fantastic river views from sundeck
|OPTION TYPE||MAX||RATES||PRICE DETAIL||TOTAL||MAKE RESERVATION|
Size : 14-16 m2 Max Adults: 2
Bed size: 1 double bed or 2 twin bedsShow more
Choose date to show price
Total Option Price
Ends in : 05:23:35 hours
Easy & fast checkout
24/7 customer support
This option is fully booked, please change your date or contact us for more details.
- 2 Breakfasts, 3 Lunches, 2 Dinners
- Shuttle bus, Cruise
- "Accommodation - oneId: #2"
- Price Includes
- Shuttle bus from Saigon
- Free flow of coffe and tea
- Mineral water placed in your cabin
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary
- Guided side trips as mentioned in the itinerary
- Accommodation in cosy double or twin bedded cabins
- English speaking guide on the cruise vessel and side trips
- Shuttle to Rach Gia and ferry from Rach Gia to Phu Quoc
- For the direction Phu Quoc — Saigon, shuttle transfer from Rach Gia to the departure point of cruise vessel
- Price Excludes
- Tips and personal expenses
- Private transfer from/to Saigon
- Drinks (except for breakfast and the mineral water in your cabin)
- Cancellation by Customer
For almost of our tours, once tour is confirmed and fully paid but for one reason they cancel the tour, the following charges will apply in the event of cancellation prior to tour commencement:
- More than 30 days before arrival: No charge
- 15-30 days before arrival: 10% of total tour price.
- 7-15 days before arrival: 50% of total tour price.
- 4-7 days before arrival: 75% of total tour price.
- Within 3 days before arrival: 100% tour price.
- There will be no refund given for any unused or missed ground arrangements, sightseeing, meals or hotel accommodations.
- For no show cases, there will be no refund.
- All cancellations must be in person or in writing and received by us
- Cancellation by Weather
In case of an unexpected situation/ bad weather causes an effect on your trip after commencement, we serve the right to change the itinerary of your booked tour for the safety of all clients in the group. If there are more than one solution, we will ask for your permission and agreement to do the next step. In such kind of cancellation, the refund of any payment on the un-used portion of transportation service, hotel service, car rental or tours will be given.
- Children Policy
- Under 4 years: Free of Charge.
- From 4 to 8 years old: 50% of adult’s fare and sharing bed with parents.
- From 9 to 11 years old: 75% of adult’s fare and using existing bed.
- Students with ID student card: 90% of adult’s fare and using existing bed.
- Over 11 years old: 100% of adult’s fare and using existing bed.
- Day 1: Panorama Cruise - only start on odd dates
In the morning we pick you up at your hotel (district 1 and parts of district 3) in Saigon and take you to Cai Be (approx. two hours drive). You board the wooden cruise boat around noon. After a refreshing welcome drink we show you our on-board facilities and your cosy cabin. As lunch is served, the boat starts cruising. Sit back and watch the fantastic scenery and the daily life of the Mekong people.
In the afternoon you can disembark for a guided tour to Xeo Qyut. In the province of Dong Thap lays the forest of Xeo Quit. Here, in the middle of the dense forest area was a former headquarters of the Provincial Party Committee during the Vietnam war. The South Vietnamese troops as well as the American knew about the existence of this camp and attacked it on a regular basis from the air or with ground forces. Through ingenious hiding strategies in the jungle-like forest and with the help of the local population, the Communist leaders succeeded in escaping the attacks, and from here on participate in the assault on Saigon.
Nowadays the area is an open-air museum and park. You can explore the area with small sampans, gliding through the tiny channels, or by foot, exploring the command center, caves and hiding places surrounded by nature. The entire attraction is a much calmer and more relaxed alternative to a trip to the famous Cu Chi tunnels, which are now completely overrun.
After Xeo Qyut you will explore Sa Dec, a small, sleepy town in the Dong Thap province and it was the original setting of the autobiographical novel “The Lover” by Marguerite Duras. This romantic and charming little town still isn’t very touristy and a true hidden gem in the Mekong delta.
There is a very busy, authentic market near the river and a lot of architecture from the colonial period, such as the old market, as well as numerous old mansions and merchant homes. One of these houses belonged to the protagonist in Marguerite Duras’ novel and has been lovingly and traditionally restored. The riverside road Nguyen Hue invites for a stroll with its cafés, market stalls and the old French church in the background.
Meals: L, D
Accommodation: Dragon Eyes Cruise
- Day 2: Life on the water and floating markets
Wake up well rested to the sound of the River and get ready for another exciting day of sightseeing. At 6.30h the boat sets off for a sunrise cruise. Watch the locals go about their daily work drying exotic fruits and building ships on the wooden yards while enjoying an early breakfast.
After breakfast visit the market in Sa Dec. If you like you can go shopping with the chef and take part in a cooking lesson on board. Once the boat resumes its journey, you travel through small channels towards Can Tho (or Cai Be). In the afternoon there is the option of a land excursion either by bicycle or on foot and visit of a small village, a stroll through orchards, or a cooking class.
Meals: B, L, D
Accommodation: Dragon Eyes Cruise
- Day 3: Cai Rang Floating Market and Transfer to Phu Quoc
After morning tea and an early start through the glorious morning atmosphere on the river we will visit the famos floating market of Cai Rang. Marvel at the sheer abundance of exotic fruits and vegetables. We will pull up to the boats for talking and bargaining with the merchants.
Directly after visiting the floating market our shuttle takes you to the waterfront town of Rach Gia and to the pier for the ferry to the holiday paradise of Phu Quoc (lunch box on the way).
The tour ends here.
We will be happy to help you book a resort on the island and organize your trip back to Saigon.
Meals: B, L
- Route and excursions may be subjects to changes without prior notice.
- This tour starts on odd dates (e. g. Sept 1, 3, 5, 7 etc.)
- If you are staying in Saigon, we will pick you up at your hotel (district 1 and parts of district 3) and take you to the pier in Can Tho. The drive to / from Can Tho approx. 4 hours
Questions & Answers
10.0Based on 1 reviews
Value for money
21 Feb 2017
We stayed two nights on the Dragon Eye, it was a great experience! Very nice staff the one wishes from the eyes. The Mekong Delta is very worth seeing and since one is on a ship one always sees something else !!! The cabins are big and very clean. The food was sensational, it could not be better ... We were lucky that we had the ship for ourselves on the second day !! The excursions were worth ..... Conclusion: it could not be better, thanks for the great experience